Bokbok #surveillance

by plains on 04/22/2015
Bokbok #surveillance

April 22, 2015 at 07:08AM ::
No Comments

Eat

by plains on 04/14/2015
Eat

April 14, 2015 at 03:14PM ::
No Comments

Astrotest

by plains on 04/14/2015

Astrotest
No Comments

Surveil

by plains on 04/3/2015
Dots #surveillance

This is surveillance.
No Comments

by plains on 04/3/2015

Dots #surveillance

A photo posted by uɐʎɹ ррoʇ uɐʎɹ (@intafon) on

No Comments

ignore .gitignore

by plains on 06/5/2013

.gitignore in your index and you want to actually be able to ignore it? Try “git update-index –assume-unchanged .gitignore” #plains

via #plains from:intafon – Twitter Search http://twitter.com/intafon/statuses/342319817124110336

No Comments

Dashes to underscores

by plains on 05/22/2013

Rename – to _:

for F in *; do if [[ "$F" = *-* ]]; then mv -v "$F" "`echo "$F" | tr '-' '_'`"; fi; done

via http://alpha.app.net/intafon

No Comments

Problem with Firefox 13.0 foll…

by plains on 06/18/2012

Problem with Firefox 13.0 following symlinks when browsing locally? Note it here: http://t.co/Tb8m0eEA

No Comments

Problem with flashvars in cached swf on Internet Explorer

by plains on 06/6/2012

At my work we were having and issue recently with some flash players not working in IE8 (and IE9). The issue was pretty strange, as the player would work the first time it was viewed, but in subsequent views it would not render properly. If the cache in the browser was cleared, it would then render properly again. The UI render was dependent on the flashvars that were passed to the swf, so after looking around, and ruling out possible issues with swfObject, it turns out that there is some problem with the way that IE caches swfs with flashvars. We determined that the quick solution was to append a time string to the swfUrl passed to swfObject (i.e. myswf.swf?t=1241234) to bust the local browser cache, which thankfully worked. It unfortunately affects server caching to do this, but at least it works for the 18% of our users on IE8 and IE9.

No Comments

Flash Tracing to flashlog.txt

by plains on 06/23/2011

To confuse an earlier brief post…(“trace() not working in Flash Builder?”), I just wanted to post another quick blurb on how to address an issue I ran into setting up logging from the flash player to flashlog.txt, by means of the mm.cfg file.

As often noted, in order to set up the ability to monitor traced outputs to disk from the flash player, one must:
1. Install the debugger version of the flash player.
2. Create the default named file to which the logging will be sent at (on mac anyway) ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player/Logs/flashlog.txt. You can query online for the proper location for Linux and Windows.
3. On mac, create the mm.cfg file in /Library/Application\ Support/Macromedia
4. Add these lines to the mm.cfg file:
     ErrorReportingEnable=1
     TraceOutputFileEnable=1
5. Restart you machine.

In some cases, however, this does not actually work — that is, nothing gets written to the file, and there is no error to look for. I figured it might be permissions, so changing the permissions for flashlog.txt to 660 (sudo chmod 660 flashlog.txt) fixed the issue. Note that group needs to be set to be readable/writable. After doing a search for the issue online with “chmod” in the search terms, I also found a reference noting that the mm.cfg file needed to have its permissions changed to 755, but I don’t think that is probably necessary. It wasn’t for me.

No Comments